Ford Contract Approved
Sunday November 6th, 2016
Posted at 7:42pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 772 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Last updated: Sunday November 6th, 9:39pm
Unifor employees working at Ford’s have ratified a new four-year contract with a vote of 58%.
This number is broken down has production members voting 56% and skilled trades with 72%.
The office units represented by Local 240 in Windsor ratified with 97%, while Local 1324 in Bramalea had 100% approval.
“Bargaining is always tough, but reaching this contract was no small feat. I am proud of our collective efforts that made it possible,” said Unifor Ford Bargaining Committee Chair, Chris Taylor at Local 200 in Windsor. “We now have a solid path that will bring back those on lay-off and offer our members the job security they deserve for the coming years.”
Ford employs more than 6,700 Unifor members. Highlights of the new contract include:
- A total of $713 million in investment and engine product commitments
- Two general wage increases of 2% each over the life of the contract
- A signing bonus of $6,000 and a $2,000 lump sum in the second, third and fourth year of the contract, both of which total $12,000 over the next four years
- Significant improvements to the in-progression wage grid that will provide thousands of dollars of new money in income earnings and higher pay to new members (under ten years of service)
- Benefit improvements and a 50% reduction of the health deductible for retirees
- An improved Team Leader rate
- Significant work practice improvements for operations and facilities