ADVERTISEMENT ACCEPTABILITY AND APPROVAL POLICY
windsoriteDOTca’s objective is to ensure that advertisements are presented with integrity, good taste and are not misleading. All statements and/or claims made in an advertisement must be true and accurate in themselves: elements must not contradict or negate other elements. Advertisements and commercial material provided to windsoriteDOTca by the advertiser or the agency is the property of the advertiser or the agency and is used by windsoriteDOTca solely on behalf of the advertiser in accordance with the Sales Agreement. windsoriteDOTca reserves the right to accept or refuse any advertisement and/or to withdraw its approval for reasons including but not limited to Advertisements that violate this policy.
WINDSORITEDOTCA WILL NOT ACCEPT ADVERTISING THAT…
- is considered by windsoriteDOTca to be deceptive or misleading, whether it is caused by the omission of relevant information or by the arrangement of accurate information in such a way as to lead to a wrong conclusion
- contains images or references derogatory to other products, services or industries (comparison advertising MUST be fair and meaningful in terms of benefits to the consumer)
- contains material promoting discrimination, socially unacceptable behaviour, stereotypes, gratuitous violence, obscene or profane language, or unfair representation
- fails to identify who the advertiser responsible for the message is (in general, advertisements for brands, products or services identify who is doing the advertising, however when this is not the case, the advertisement will NOT be accepted unless it specifies who the advertiser responsible for the message is)
- gives the appearance of an endorsement by windsoriteDOTca or implies that windsoriteDOTca uses a product or service, or advocates a point of view or course of action
- is not designed for English-speaking
- is directed to children under 12 years of age
- promotes tobacco products
- promotes alcoholic beverage consumption WHEN the advertising is in any way directed at persons under the legal drinking age in the Province of Ontario (Advertising must not encourage the general consumption or overconsumption of alcohol but may promote brand preference)
- promotes sexual products or services, dating agencies, services and/or phone chat lines
- promotes fortune telling, spiritualism, mind or character reading, phrenology, palmistry, astrology and/or hypnosis (non-medical)
- promotes publications, products or services considered to be in competition with windsoriteDOTca
- promotes specific religious beliefs or convictions
- could adversely affect the value of the windsoriteDOTca brand and/or that could place the windsoriteDOTca at the centre of a controversy or public debate AND if an existing advertisement causes windsoriteDOTca to become at the centre of a controversy or public debate, windsoriteDOTca reserves the right to cancel the advertisement and return any monies in accordance with windsoriteDOTca’s cancellation/rejection policies
WINDSORITEDOTCA MUST PRE-SCREEN AND APPROVE…
Political Advertising including but not limited to political action groups, political parties and political candidates. Advertising must ensure it meets the other provisions of this Policy. Advertising for elections/campaigns may be subject to additional regulations to be detailed at such a time
Advocacy, Issue and Opinion Advertising including but not limited to trade unions, councils, coalitions, alliances, boards, foundations, federations, societies, associations, religious organizations, lobby and interest groups and anything that promotes a point of view or course of action. Advertising must ensure it meets the other provisions of this Policy.
Contests, Lotteries and Games of Chance Advertising. Advertising must ensure it meets the other provisions of this Policy. Contests, lotteries and games of chance may be subject to additional regulations on a case-by-case basis and may be rejected by windsoriteDOTca.