Fire Breaks Out In UWindsor Classroom

Thursday January 30th, 2014

Posted at 4:35pm

0
0
0
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!!

This article is 1634 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

20140130-163122.jpg

Windsor firefighters have extinguished a small fire inside a classroom at the University of Windsor.

Firefighters were called around 4pm while students evacuated Essex Hall, a building located at Patricia Street and Wyandotte West.

Witnesses described smelling something burning when the building’s alarm sounded.

Officials say the blaze was contained to a table in a single classroom.

Firefighters worked to use fans to remove smoke from the building while Campus Police blocked students from entering.

Damage is estimated at $25,000.  Windsor Fire says that the possible cause was  a chemical reaction while cleaning equipment in the lab.

No injuries are reported.

Do You Like This Article?