Don’t Let Your Vehicle Get Burglarized While Christmas Shopping Say OPP
Thursday December 13th, 2012
Posted at 10:00am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2042 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The OPP is sending out a few tips to vehicle owners to make sure that they keep their vehicles locked, keys secured and valuables out of sight while shopping this Holiday season.
The OPP is encouraging shoppers to take precautions, by securing their purchases, making sure that their vehicles are locked and keeping valuables out of sight. Police say that all too often thieves target distracted shoppers and vehicles that are left unlocked with valuables in plain view.
They offer these Shopping Tips:
- Don’t leave purses or vehicle keys in your shopping cart.
- Never leave purchases in an unattended shopping cart.
- Ensure your paid items are secured inside a locked vehicle.
- Always keep valuables out of sight preferably in a locked trunk.
- Ask a store clerk to assist you in taking purchases to your vehicle.
- Never display or carry large amounts of money while shopping.
- Always ensure your vehicle is locked and keys secured.
Police offer this final message: Nothing can ruin the Christmas spirit faster than becoming the victim of a crime; do your part by being proactive this time of year.