PHOTOS: Central Linen Supply Catches On Fire

Sunday November 11th, 2012

Posted at 3:56pm


Hello time traveller!!

This article is 3609 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Windsor firefighters have extinguished a fire inside Central Linen Supply on Eugenie Street East that has caused several thousands of dollars in damage.

Fire broke out around 1:45pm when a passerby noticed thick black smoke coming from vents on the roof of the building.

Arriving firefighters found heavy smoke inside the building and shelves of linen on fire.

The business, in a strip of units, had fire walls between units and at this time it does not appear that the fire spread into adjoining units.

It appears the business was closed at the time the fire broke out, and there were no employees on scene. There are no reported injuries.

Firefighters removed several bundles of linen including towels, rags and uniforms and continued to extinguish burning embers on them in the parking lot outside.

Firefighters cut a hole in the roof to provide ventilation and the roof of the building became soft and a danger area for crews.

Within an hour the fire was out but not without serious damage to the inside of the business. Firefighters used fans to remove smoke from the building.

A fire inspector has been called to the scene and damage is estimated to be “thousands of dollars”.

Do You Like This Article?