Enjoying the Cool Weather, Windsor? The Heat and Humidity Is Coming Back!
Saturday July 21st, 2012
Posted at 2:00pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2406 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
After a brief cool down, the heat and humidity is on its way back, and this has caused Dr. Allen Heimann, Medical Officer of Health, to issue a Level 1 Heat Alert for Windsor-Essex County for Sunday, July 22 and Monday, July 23, 2012, with a humidex value of 40 or higher in the forecast.
Temperatures are expected to be in the high 30°C/90°F for most of next week.
The Windsor-Essex County Heat Alert Response Committee and the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit urge residents to follow the following steps to “Stay Cool” and enjoy a healthy summer.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Go to an air conditioned place. Those looking for a place to go can call 211 or visit StayCoolWindsor-Essex.com for the latest locations.
- Wear a hat and lightweight loose-fitting clothing.
- Take a cool bath or shower.
- Limit outdoor activities to the coolest part of the day.
- Check on your neighbours and family.
- Never leave children or pets alone in closed vehicles.
- If you feel ill, faint, have difficulty breathing, or feel disoriented, visit your doctor or nearest hospital right away. In an emergency, call 911