Border Road: Diversion Routes Under Construction
Thursday April 12th, 2012
Posted at 10:15am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2413 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
If you happen to be driving down Huron Church Road or Highway 3, you may have noticed lately that lane restrictions are in effect and areas to the side of the road are starting to look more presentable.
Starting in June, portions of the existing roadway along Highway 3 and Huron Church will close to traffic and motorists will be routed along diversions — some only 50m from the road’s current location.
The closures of the existing road are necessary to build tunnels and bridges for the new W-E Parkway.
The transition to the new roadway is designed to be seamless and go unnoticed: there is no planned impact to traffic.
Diversion areas include:
- Highway 3 from Howard to Windsor Crossings
- Highway 3 from West of St. Clair College to Cabana/Todd Lane
- Huron Church Line to Highway 3
- Todd Lane crossing Huron Church to where it becomes Cabana
- Huron Church from Cabana/Todd Lane to Pulford Street
- Huron Church from Grand Marais to Labelle Street
windsoriteDOTca will keep you up to date on when the diversions will begin.
Check out the rest of our extensive Border Road coverage here.