Board the Bus for Tour of Local War of 1812 Sites
Friday April 13th, 2012
Posted at 2:15pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2350 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Windsor’s Community Museum along with the Museum Volunteer Group is planning a bus trip along the Detroit River on Sunday June 3rd from 9:30am to 5pm that will explore local history related to the War of 1812.
The itinerary includes:
- Curator’s Tour of the 1812 Exhibit, Windsor’s Community Museum
- Step On Guided Tour along the Detroit River – War of 1812 points of interest
- Guided Tour of Ft. Malden National Historic Site, and musket firing demonstration
- Lunch at Ducks on the Roof, Amherstburg
- Church and Cemetery Tour at Christ Church, Colchester
- Battle of Lake Erie Talk and Refreshments , John R. Park Homestead
Cost is $75 per person, all inclusive. Space is limited. Call the Museum to register at 519-253-1812 before the Deadline of May 3rd.