Workforce WindsorEssex Plans for 2012
Monday January 2nd, 2012
Posted at 1:15pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2694 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Now that it’s the new year, Workforce Windsor-Essex is making big plans to continue to study and support Windsor-Essex’s industries and workers.
In 2012, WFWE plans to continue to develop its Local Labour Market Action Plan, report on future Industries and Occupations for Windsor-Essex, create a Human Resource Directory for Small and Medium-sized businesses in Windsor-Essex, and their physical offices are moving to a larger location down the block at 98 Chatham Street East.
Workforce Windsor-Essex, through the leadership of Donna Marentette, Denny Timm, Fabio Constante, Michelle Suchiu and others works on six major priorities for the Windsor-Essex Region and the future of its various industries and employers including:
- To ensure the Windsor-Essex workforce meets the needs of our current and emerging local economy.
- Provide relevant and current labour market information.
- Emphasize the importance of Attitude, Skills and Knowledge (ASK) in the workplace.
- Support entrepreneurship, R & D and the retention and growth of small and medium-sized business in Windsor Essex.
- Integrate immigrants and newcomers into our labour force for leveraging their knowledge, skills and experience.
- Maximize the opportunity for youth to engage in the local workforce.