Border Road: Design and Construction Report #2
Thursday October 13th, 2011
Posted at 10:15am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2470 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Starting today, Thursday October 12th, the Design and Construction Report #2 for the second phase of construction of the Windsor-Essex Parkway will be made available for a 30-day review period.
The second phase of road construction includes:
- vegetation removal, top soil stripping and grading throughout the project area
- digging of stormwater management ponds to preliminary configuration and to be used to treat water from excavation work
- construction of traffic diversions including granular placement and paving
- excavation for new Highway 401 and Highway 3 with the priority areas being where bridges and tunnels are to be constructed
- pile driving and bridge and tunnel construction
- construction of roadside elements such as illumination, traffic signals, Advanced Traffic Management Systems, drainage and roadside safety elements
- placement of granulars and paving.
To view a copy of the report visit the Parkway website and click on the report that can be found in the Spotlight section.
Comments on the report can be provided by mail and/or fax as noted in the contact information provided on the Public Notice and can also be submitted through the project website.
All comments must be received no later than Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 3:00 pm.
For more coverage of the Windsor/Essex Parkway, check out our special feature section, Border Road.