Public Board Releases Provincial Testing Results
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 242 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The Public School Board has released the achievement results in the 2018 Education Quality and Accountability Office provincial assessments for reading, writing and math.
- 72% (up 4% over 2017) of Grade 3 students and 80% (up 3% over 2017) of Grade 6 students are meeting the provincial reading standard
- 70% (up 3% from 2017) of Grade 3 students and 77% (up 4% over 2017) of Grade 6 students have met the expected level in writing
- 57% (same as 2017) of Grade 3 students and 47% (down 1% from 2017) of Grade 6 students met the provincial standard in mathematics
- 57% of Grade 9 students enrolled in applied math met the provincial standard
- 86% (no change from 2017) of Grade 9 students enrolled in academic math achieved the provincial standard
- 77% (down 2% from 2017 ) of Grade 10 students who wrote the Ontario Secondary Schools Literacy Test (OSSLT) were successful on their first attempt.
Detailed results are available on the boards website.