Tour Walkerville’s Low-Martin House This Weekend
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 47 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The home was built by the infamous rum-runner Harry Low in 1928, and was a centre for rum-running during the time of Prohibition in the United States.
Political icon Paul Martin Sr. and his wife, Nell, bought the house in 1960. After the Martins died in the 1990s, the house fell into disrepair. In 2012, Vern Myslichuk purchased and began restoring the estate to its original Roaring Twenties glam.
Tours of the home that dominates the corner of Devonshire Road and Ontario Street will be offered during Art in the Park on Saturday from Saturday 10am to 6pm and Sunday from 10am to 3pm.
There is a $5 admission fee at the door with children five years and under free. Proceeds will be benefiting Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society & Family respite services.