Final Approval Given For New UWindsor Lancer Sport And Recreation Centre

Wednesday May 23rd, 2018

Posted at 7:50pm

0
0
0
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!!

This article is 85 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

UWindsor photo

The University of Windsor Board of Governors has given the final approval needed to start construction of the new Lancer Sport and Recreation Centre.

The $73 million space will include a fitness area triple the size of the current facility, a new eight-lane pool, refurbished soccer fields, cricket pitch, and perimeter running trail an outdoor artificial turf field, three basketball/volleyball courts/gymnasium, with seating for more than 2,500, beach volleyball, basketball and ball hockey courts, refurbished field house, several multipurpose areas & student club rooms, social spaces and a food outlet and more opportunity for indoor racket sports.

Students will pay for 75% of the total, or $54,400,000 with the university picking up the remaining 25% of $18,600,000.

Design is expected to take until the end of the year, with construction set to start in April 2019 with completion scheduled for fall 2021.

Do You Like This Article?