UPDATED: What’s Open, What’s Closed On This Snow Day In Windsor
Friday February 9th, 2018
Posted at 12:17pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 188 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Last updated: Friday February 9th, 4:30pm
Snow continues to fall in Windsor and Essex County this Friday, February 9th, and many businesses have closed. We’ve started compling a list of places that are closed and are noting a few places and services that are still running.
Know of a business or event that should be listed? Email us at [email protected].
- All school buses are cancelled
- St. Clair College classes are cancelled after 4pm
- Charles Clark Square
- All morning flights to Pelee Island have been cancelled due to weather
- Nancy Johns Gallery
- The Arts Council Windsor & Region
- Bounce Hair Boutique
- Timeless Treasures
- Cow Sang Row Studio
- The Olde Walkerville Theatre
- Ten Thousand Villages in Walkerville
- Carrots n’ Dates
- The Urban Art Market
- Life After Fifty: Due to the weather today, we have cancelled the following programs for February 9th, 2018. East Side Centre: Mile At A Time, Mahjong, Scrabble, LAF Fitness and Yoga West Side Centre: Wii Bowling, Ceramics, and Line Dancing (Beginner and Intermediate)
- From Tecumseh: WDS has just advised that due to inclement weather recycle collection is delayed. If yours is not collected today, please bring in and it will be picked up with the next collection day. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Amherstburg Community Services Meals on wheels, seniors luncheon, and CareLink/St Clair College student shuttle services are cancelled today.
- UWindsor School of Creative Arts Presents recital by Travis Scott, Tuba and Euphonium has been RESCHEDULED to next Friday, February 16, 7:30 pm at the School of Creative Arts. All online ticket purchases will be honoured on the 16th.
- Classic Bingo IV is closed until Saturday
- The Women’s Club for Fitness and Wellness, located at 1606 Sylvestre Drive in Tecumseh, will close early today at 5pm.
- Transit Windsor buses are running
- Malls and big box stores
- The Lonely: Celebrating the Music of Roy Orbison event at the Capitol Theatre Windsor is still on. Lobby doors will open at 6:30pm (seating at 7pm) for patrons who wish to come early.