MADD Wants You To Ring In The New Year With A Safe And Sober Ride Home
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 200 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
As you prepare to ring in 2018, MADD Windsor & Essex County is reminding everyone about the most important step in their party preparations – planning a safe and sober ride home.
“Celebrations may turn to tragedy in an instant when someone makes the decision to drive impaired”,”’ said MADD Windsor & Essex County Community Leader Chaouki Hamka. “Spending a few minutes planning for a safe ride home will eliminate that risk.”
Whether you’re attending a New Year’s bash or hosting a party yourself, a few simple guidelines can help ensure the New Year starts off right for everyone.
- Take an Uber, a cab or public transit.
- Arrange for a designated driver.
- Plan to spend the night.
For party hosts:
- Have lots of food and non-alcohol/low alcohol beverages available. Party hosts looking to add non-alcoholic beverage options to their menu can check out MADD Canada sponsor Hill Street Beverage Company and their alcohol-free beer, wine, champagne and mocktails.
- Serve drinks yourself so you can monitor how much your guests are drinking.
- Don’t serve alcohol to anyone who is intoxicated.
- Know how your guests are getting home and who is driving.
- Use the Uber app or have numbers available for taxi companies.
- Be prepared to have intoxicated guests spend the night.
- Stop serving alcohol long before you expect the party to break up.