Detroit Marathon Issues Weather Warning
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 345 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The Detroit Free Press Marathon has issued the following statement about potential weather issues for Sundays race.
Runners, walkers and wheelers,
We’re excited to kick off tomorrow’s 40th anniversary of the Detroit Free Press/Chemical Bank Marathon, but our race day weather forecast has changed. Our number one priority is runner safety and we’d like to ensure you’re aware of our process and plan for inclement weather after the race begins. Note, as of right now, the race is on as usual.
In the event of a thunderstorm that produces lightning within 7 miles of our course, the race course will be evacuated and, unfortunately, the race will be canceled. Marathon staff, law enforcement and medical personnel on the course will direct you to the nearest shelter until it is safe.
In the unlikely scenario that we cancel the race and you are taking shelter on the Canadian side of the course, when it’s safe, please make your way through the tunnel and back into the U.S. no later than 10:00A.M. EST.
Should the weather change anything, windsoriteDOTca will let you know.