Citizen Scientists Sought For Water Sampling
Wednesday August 16th, 2017
Posted at 10:00am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 549 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Researchers from the University of Windsor are seeking citizen scientists to fan out across Essex County and collect water samples for use in measuring harmful E. coli bacteria.
Members of the public are invited to come out to eight locations across Windsor and Essex County on August 16th to 18th to collect bottles used for the sampling.
The on the morning of August 19th the volunteers will collect water samples from beaches, rivers, creeks or lakes in the region and return them to the location where they picked up their collection bottle. The bottles have a label where volunteers will write their name, the location and GPS coordinates of where they removed the sample.
Volunteers can collect their sample bottles from the following locations on August 16th to 18th from 10am to 4pm:
- Belle River’s Lakeview Park West Beach (River Street, Lakeshore)
- Brian Masse constituency office (1398 Ouellette Avenue, Windsor)
- Colchester Beach (100 Jackson Street, Colchester)
- Essex Region Conservation Authority office (360 Fairview Avenue West, Suite 311, Essex)
- Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research (2990 Riverside Drive West, Windsor)
- Leamington Kinsmen Recreation Complex (249 Sherk Street, Leamington)
- Point Pelee National Park (1118 Point Pelee Drive, Leamington)