0 °C
32 °F
Mainly SunnyFri
-10 °C
14 °F
Chance Of FlurriesSat
-2 °C
28 °F
Chance Of Flurries Or Rain ShowersSun
2 °C
36 °F

Local Events

Traffic Cameras

Photo Of The Day

Lowest Gas Prices

Windsor-Essex Therapeutic Riding Association Inviting Applications For Board of Directors

Monday April 25th, 2016, 7:43pm


Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2474 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

The Windsor-Essex Therapeutic Riding Association is opening the Board of Directors to new applicants.

“For 53 years, we have worked to improve the quality of life for physically, emotionally and mentally challenged persons and their families through equine related therapy.” says Barb Holland, President of WETRA. “Nearly 225 people with special needs come through these doors each week to spend time with our horses.”

About 80% of those are children who have developmental, emotional or physical disabilities. The remaining 20% are adults with similar challenges who enjoy the physical and psychological benefits of equine assisted therapies.

Becky Mills, Managing Director, credits well trained, certified staff and a host of volunteers for achievements realized this year in the area of Youth Leadership Development and Mental Health. “We have expanded our programmes beyond riding to include activities that see our young people working with our horses, on the farm or directly supporting planned activities at our camps.” The number of volunteers who come to WETRA each and every week provide direct testimony to the meaningful work that goes on in an atmosphere that is warm, friendly and supportive.

Those willing to share their time, skills and talent are invited to submit a resume by May 15th. “Time at our board table will be time well spent” says Holland, “WETRA is a jewel in this community.”

Resumes can be submitted to Barbara Holland, President at [email protected]

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message