Police: Lock It Or Lose It
Wednesday November 25th, 2015
Posted at 8:55pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 966 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The holiday season is here and unfortunately so are opportunistic thieves.
The OPP is encouraging everyone to “Lock It OR Lose It”. They say that a vehicle with an unlocked door or an open window is an easy target.
They offer these crime prevention tips:
- Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
- If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle registration certificate/proof of insurance on you at all times.
- Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk.
- Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.