PHOTOS: Border Road: Before The Parkway
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1120 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
As the Herb Gray Parkway prepares to open this Sunday, we take a look back at how it came to be.
Before construction even began, property and land had to be acquired. Many long serving business were torn down. Some chose to relocate and build new, while others closed.
The Comfort Inn Ambassador Bridge closed its doors at the end of July 2010
At the front of the hotel, South Windsor’s Golden Griddle shuttered its doors that July
“Lambton Plaza” at Grand Marais West and Huron Church was demolished
Summer-sweet-treat place, King Kone came down
The Daytona Car Wash at Grand Marais and Huron Church is closed
A popular stop to fill up: Petrocan
The former Public Health Lab have met the wrecking ball in August of 2011
The Autobond Car Wash washed its last car in the summer of 2011
Town and Country Animal Clinic
Joe’s Woodcraft and Sandcastle
Windsor Crossing got 15% smaller in June 2011
The Royal Canadian Legion branch 594 came down
Heritage Park Alliance Church came down in September 2011