16 °C
61 °F
Partly CloudyMon
24 °C
75 °F
Partly CloudyTue
27 °C
80 °F
28 °C
82 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Tuesday April 7th, 2015

Posted at 8:36pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!

This article is 1175 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.


Photos by Owen Wolter

Last updated: Sunday April 12th, 3:07pm

A dryer gets the blame for a fire at Cora’s breakfast restaurant on Walker Road.

Windsor Fire crews were called to the building around 7:45pm after staff at the Bulk Barn next store spotted the smoke.

Windsor Fire crews were already dealing with a major fire on Gladstone, and several Tecumseh Fire units were called to assist.

Firefighters found thick smoke inside Cora’s, and light smoke inside Bulk Barn and the old Jysk store.

The fire was located in a dryer at the rear of the restaurant and was extinguished quickly.

No injuries are reported but smoke damage is expected to be reported for several of the businesses.

Damage is set at $5,000.






Do You Like This Article?