Flu Outbreak At Windsor Regional Hospital
Friday February 6th, 2015
Posted at 9:03pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1327 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Windsor Regional Hospital reports that one patient on the 6North unit at their Met campus was confirmed positive for Influenza A.
They say that the patient was showing symptoms a couple days ago and they were waiting for test results to be returned.
In addition, a staff member who works on the same floor is now experiencing symptoms consistent with influenza. That staff member is at home.
Therefore, as a result the hospital says they are now on outbreak status for the 6North unit of Met Campus.
- Any staff that enters the 6North Unit must wear a surgical mask
- Any staff that enters an actual patient room on 6North Unit to provide patient care must wear a surgical mask plus eye protection. They can wear the same mask and eye protection for their complete visit on the unit.
- Visitors must wear a surgical mask when entering the unit.
- Visitors will be restricted to 2 per patient. The same two visitors for the time the patient is on that unit. Compassionate exceptions will be made.
- The unit will be closed to admissions.
- Everyone please wash hands entering and exiting the unit and of course follow four moments of hand hygiene while on unit.
- Staff working on the unit will be limited as much as possible
- No volunteers on the unit
- Security will be stationed at the entrance to the unit.