Mostly CloudyNow
28 °C
83 °F
26 °C
79 °F
A Mix Of Sun And CloudMon
26 °C
79 °F
22 °C
72 °F

Summer Festival Guide

Traffic Cameras

Photo Of The Day

Lowest Gas Prices

UPDATED: Man Points Gun At Police Before Fleeing To The United States, Shot By Border Patrol

Sunday December 21st, 2014, 1:01pm


Hello time traveller!!
This article is 3086 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Last updated: Sunday December 28th, 6:15am

Just after 2:30am Sunday morning, Windsor Police say that they received a call from a citizen regarding a male with a gun in a black Ford Explorer in the parking lot of the McDonald’s located at 3195 Howard Avenue.

When police arrived minutes later, a male exited the vehicle holding a firearm in his hand. The suspect began to walk in the direction of the McDonald’s and was ordered at gunpoint to drop his weapon by police.

The suspect then turned in the direction of the officers and pointed the firearm in their direction.

Police say that at the same time they had to deal with pedestrians and patrons inside the McDonald’s restaurant who were directly behind the suspect and were not aware of what was happening in the lot.

The suspect stated to officers; “Why haven’t you shot me yet?” Officers continued to attempt to deescalate the situation using tactical communication.

The suspect then entered his vehicle and drove over the sidewalk and curb in his vehicle. By the time officers were able to get back to their cruisers, the suspect had already fled onto EC Row.

Police notified neighbouring law enforcement agencies about the incident.

At approximately 3am, the male attempted to enter into the United States at the Ambassador Bridge. He stopped his car before approaching the inspection booth, exited his vehicle and started walking towards the primary inspection lanes waving a handgun.

Customs and Border Protection Officers ordered the man to drop his weapon to which he did not comply. Two officers fired their service issued weapons. One officer fired three rounds, the other fired one round. One round hit the subject in the arm. Investigators determined that the individual was holding a replica of a handgun.

The suspect was taken to a local hospital in Detroit where he was treated and released for his injuries.

He is currently in custody.

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message