Hello time traveller!
This article is 1675 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The City of Windsor is holding the line on municipal taxes for the sixth consecutive year (and the 7th in the last 9 years without a property tax levy increase) in budget documents released today for 2014.
Included in the budget:
- The City is asking departments to develop reduction plans for 6% of their 2013 net operating funding levels
- City-funded agencies, boards and committees are being asked to make budgetary requests at or below their 2013 funded amounts
- the City says service levels in the 2014 budget remain generally unchanged from those approved in the 2013 budget
- the budget intake from property taxes for 2014, and the matching budget outputs will be $319,054,396.
- $95,188,000 will be spent on capital projects, of which $31 million will be spent on sewers and $13 million will be spent on roads
- Roads getting new sewers in 2014 include:
- California from University to Wyandotte for $1.7 million
- Erie Street West from Wellington to Crawford for $1.5 million
- Cross Street and Baby Street near Chippawa for $1.5 million
- Hall Avenue from Riverside to Wyandotte for $2.1 million
- Hickory from Seminole to Metcalf for $1.0 million
- Cadillac at Alice and Reginald from Cadillac to Drouillard for $1.5 million
- Norman from Adstoll to Joinville for $1.7 million
- Fairview from St. Rose to Edgar for $1.78 million
- Edward from St. Rose to Edgar for $1.785 million
- The Ojibway Sanitary Sewer upstream of Weaver Avenue for $1.65 million
- Roads being rehabilitated (repaving and reconstruction) include:
- St. Rose between Lauzon and Fairview
- Pelletier between Campbell and Rankin
- Little River Acres Drive
- Mount Royal between Cabana and Cousineau
- Church Street between Wyandotte and Erie
- Newbury Street between Dougall and Brudge
- Caroline between Dougall and Janette
- Hall between Giles and Shepherd
- Pelissier between Wyandotte and Giles
- Wyandotte between Langlois and Devonshire
- EC Row will see improvements:
- The westbound Conrail bridge (between Jefferson and Central) will be repaired
- the eastbound lanes at Walker will be paved
- the eastbound CN Rail bridge will be repaired
- the road surface will be repaved between Dougall and Dominion