Gym, Computer Centre, Other Services Closed During UWindsor Strike
Sunday September 8th, 2013
Posted at 8:37pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1778 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Monday morning, thousands of UWindsor students will be greeted by picket signs as they head to campus, as the strike by members of CUPE 1393 heads into the second day.
The University has stressed that classes will still be held, but if there will be any disruption to classes, your faculty will provide further information as to how these matters will be addressed.
Students are encouraged to arrive earlier for their first class, as the University expects delays at all of the campus parking lots. Campus parking services is not affected and all parking rules and regulations will be enforced.
The University says that all students have the legal right to continue to come to campus, attend any scheduled classes and use all University services during a strike. There will however be several services on campus that have ceased to operate or are now under reduced operating hours.
Here is a look at what is changed:
- The University Computer Centre, the Forge Fitness Centre and the St. Denis Centre pool will all be closed.
- The programs offered by Campus Recreation will be cancelled for the duration of the strike, which includes all intramurals, fitness and instructional programming.
- The Student Advising Centre and the The Aboriginal Education Centre will both be closed.
- IT services will continue to maintain operations but all new projects and development activities will be temporarily suspended. The HelpDesk will operate reduced hours of service and the users may experience delay in response time.
- There will not be any service from Canada Post or courier services.