Boat On Fire Causes $170,000 Double House Fire, Sends One To Hospital

Thursday July 11th, 2013

Posted at 9:56am

0
0
0

Hello time traveller!!

This article is 2868 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

The 1300 block of Central in Google Earth

UPDATE – 2:42pm:

Windsor fire officials say the fire originated in the engine area of the boat. The boat’s owner was apparently draining gas from the boat when it ignited.

He was taken to hospital with minor burns. Windsor Police Staff Sergeant Christine Bissonnette says say both homes were “destroyed”.

Assistant Chief Fire Prevention Officer John Lee says damage to 1366 Central is $80,000, damage to the boat was $10,000 and damage to 1372 Central is $80,000.

Original story:

Windsor firefighters are on the scene of a fire at two neighbouring houses on Central.

Crews were called after 9am to the 1300 block of Central for a boat on fire in a driveway between two houses. The fire had also spread to both houses it was sitting between.

One resident was taken to the hospital by EMS after he suffered burns.

Do You Like This Article?