Pedestal Clock, Entrance, Maintenance Building Adorn New Tunnel Plaza
Wednesday June 26th, 2013
Posted at 12:00pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1849 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Windsor’s new tunnel plaza is really taking shape.
Construction started earlier this year and crews recently added decorative lamp posts to the entire plaza, built a new maintenance building and have installed a clock.
Goyeau Avenue closed between Wyandotte and Park and will not be reopening as the land it previously occupied is now part of the permanent plaza.
The new plaza will include a queueing area when traffic wait volumes increase and an entirely landscaped area.
The project includes:
- new car access routes
- new plaza buildings for Canada Border Services Agency and a tunnel maintenance building
- additional car inspection lanes and Nexus lanes
- moving a City of Windsor Permit Parking lot to the location of the old Beer Store
Outside of the plaza work includes:
- Closure of Goyeau Street between Park Street and Wyandotte Street (to become part of the extended plaza area)
- Reconfigure City Hall Square to two-way traffic
- Reconfigure Park Street to two-way traffic between Goyeau Street and City Hall Square
- Reconfigure ‘Lot 10’ Permit Parking (southeast corner of Park Street and Goyeau Street)
- Gateway landscaping at the main access at Goyeau Street / Wyandotte Street