Fire Sends Three To Hospital
Saturday February 9th, 2013
Posted at 8:44am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1986 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
An overnight fire sent three people to Hospital on Windsor’s west end.
Fire crews were called to the single family residence on Redwood Avenue around 4am, and when they arrived flames were coming out of the roof. Crews were able to quickly bring the fire under control.
The cause of the fire was careless cooking and damage is estimated to be around $180,000. Working smoke alarms are credited for waking the residents and alerting them to the fire.
Fire officials say the three that were taken to hospital suffered minor injuries. Two were treated for smoke inhalation. A 24 year old male suffered lacerations to his hands, some slight second degree burns and smoke inhalation.
The Red Cross was attending to them to assist with alternate accommodations.