Lose Weight the Healthy-Weigh
Monday January 21st, 2013
Posted at 12:00pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2008 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is offering an effective weight loss program, where Windsor and Essex County residents can join a Registered Dietitian and learn about how to change old habits, eat better, be more active, lose weight and keep it off.
The session will begin on Monday February 4th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Health Unit location on Ouellette Windsor, with classes held every Monday evening until April 22nd. The cost is $75 per person, and includes program materials and a quality pedometer.
Losing Weight the Healthy Weigh is for people who meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 20 and 65 years old.
- Have a BMI (Body Mass Index) between 25 and 40 (visit http://www.diabetes.ca/diabetes-and-you/nutrition/bmi/ to calculate your BMI).
- Don’t have an existing heart condition (i.e., myocardial infarction, cardiac surgery, angioplasty, angina).
- Don’t have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
- Are able to walk for at least 15 minutes at a time without assistance.
- Aren’t pregnant.
- Aren’t breastfeeding an infant less than nine months old.
People wishing to join can register online here or call the Health Unit at 519-258-2146 ext. 3100. You must register by 4:30 pm on January 31st.