Tips On How To Prepare For Fall Yard Waste Collection
Tuesday October 9th, 2012
Posted at 11:00am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2106 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
This week marks the start of fall yard waste collections. Check out you 2012 Waste Collection Calendar for your scheduled Yard Waste Collection dates.
Here are a few tips from the City of Windsor when preparing for fall collection:
- Acceptable yard waste containers include the following paper yard waste bags, cardboard boxes, Garbage cans and Herby Curbys.
- Leaves and yard waste will not be collected in plastic bags.
- Yard waste should be placed at the curb (no alley collection) by 6am on your scheduled day. To increase collection efficiency, please put yard waste at a common location with an adjacent neighbour.
- In the fall, put aside several bags of leaves for next spring and summer. Leaves are a great source of carbon for your backyard composter, and carbon can be hard to find in the spring.
- Run over fallen leaves with your mower. Mulched leaves add valuable nutrients to your lawn.
- Mow or mulch leaves prior to putting them into an acceptable container – three containers worth will now fit into one! Don’t rake your leaves into the street. It is unlawful and creates a safety hazard.
The city of Windsor also reminds you that unlimited trips and quantities of leaves, tree trimmings and garden waste can be disposed of at the Public Drop Off for free.