New Tunnel Plaza Construction Starts, Goyeau-Park Intersection Closes Tuesday
Monday October 8th, 2012
Posted at 11:00am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2112 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The intersection Goyeau Street at Park Street will be closed starting on Tuesday October 9th at 7am for approximately one week as work gets underway on building a new Windsor-Detroit Tunnel plaza. The closure is necessary to allow for excavation, installation and connection of new sanitary sewers and water mains.
As a result of this construction, the following detour will be in effect for the Tunnel Bus:
Tunnel Bus from Canada Customs to the Windsor International Transit Terminal:
Left on Park to
Right on Ouellette to
Left on Chatham into the
Windsor International Transit Terminal
Tunnel Bus From the Windsor International Transit Terminal:
Regular route on Pitt to
Right on Goyeau to
Left on University to
NOTE: Temporary Bus stop for St. Alphonsus will be at south east corner of University at Goyeau
Right on McDougall to
Right on Wyandotte to
Right on Goyeau into the tunnel
The new tunnel plaza project primarily includes:
- new car access routes
- new plaza buildings for Canada Border Services Agency and a tunnel maintenance building
- additional car inspection lanes and Nexus lanes
- moving a City of Windsor Permit Parking lot to the location of the old Beer Store
Outside of the plaza, work includes:
- Closure of Goyeau Street between Park Street and Wyandotte Street (to become part of the extended plaza area)
- Reconfigure City Hall Square to two-way traffic
- Reconfigure Park Street to two-way traffic between Goyeau Street and City Hall Square
- Reconfigure ‘Lot 10’ Permit Parking (southeast corner of Park Street and Goyeau Street)
- Gateway landscaping at the main access at Goyeau Street / Wyandotte Street