30 °C
85 °F
Chance Of ShowersSat
29 °C
84 °F
26 °C
79 °F
A Mix Of Sun And CloudMon
26 °C
79 °F

Summer Festival Guide

Traffic Cameras

Photo Of The Day

Lowest Gas Prices

PHOTOS: Windsor Firefighters Rescue Electrocuted Man, Assist Man From Rooftop, Scaffolding

Wednesday August 29th, 2012, 1:11pm


Hello time traveller!!
This article is 3930 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Windsor Firefighters have rescued a man who was electrocuted by 16,000 volts.

Fire crews and EMS were called to a house on Rooney Street near Josephine and Cambpell in the West End for reports of wires on a hydro pole arcing.

Upon arrival they found a man who had fallen 30 feet from scaffolding that had become electrified by hydro wires extending to the house from a nearby pole.

Firefighters removed the power lines from the metal scaffolding and the man was taken to hospital. Firefighters assisted a second man, in his 70s, with climbing over the peak of the roof, and down to safety.

On the ground the second man was visibly injured and burned from the electrocution yet cracked a smile as he made his way, walking, to a waiting ambulance.

It’s unclear at this time exactly how the scaffolding came to be electrified but investigators, and the Ministry of Labour are attending to determine the specific circumstances.

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message