Plenty of Summer Activities for Kids Planned by the City of Windsor
Tuesday June 26th, 2012
Posted at 10:15am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2213 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
As the days heading into summer vacation get closer, the City of Windsor is preparing to offer kids plenty of summer fun.
- Soccer, football, t-ball, basketball and floor hockey are offered this summer for your pre-schooler ages 3-5. Pre-school sport programs begin July 3th at eight different centres. All programs taught by qualified instructors with skills to encourage and motivate. Fees vary but start at $14 for four weeks.
- Fun for the whole gang, Family Yoga is offered at Oakwood Community Centre beginning Monday July 2nd at 6pm. Tots as young as 5 years old are welcome to sign up with parents, boys and sisters. Each participant registers separately.
- The quest for adventure begins with Busy Bodies Day Camp. Geared towards the younger child, this camp allows participants to enjoy a full week jam-packed with activities, games, crafts, stories and field trips. What will your adventure be? Supervision will be provided as early as 7:30 am, to as late as 5:30 pm. An optional hot lunch can be purchased once a week. Busy Bodies Day Camp is for children ages 3 to 5 and runs from June 29 – August 31. The cost is $133 per week.
- Group and private lessons are offered in guitar and piano at Forest Glade Community & Customer Care Centre, Oakwood Community Centre and WFCU Centre. Lessons are available to adults and youth, fees vary based on group/private and length of lesson. Lessons begin Monday July 2nd.
- Become a scientist and conduct a different experiment each session in Science Quest, offered to youth ages 6-10 and is available at Oakwood Community Centre. Each session begins at 9am and runs until 10:30am. First session starts Saturday, July 7 and ends July 28, cost is $31. The second session starts Saturday, Aug 4 and ends September 1. Cost is $37.
- Available at Forest Glade Community Centre, Chess Project is available in two classes for youth ages 3-5 and 8-13. Both begin Thursday, July 5 and run until August 30. For the younger class, run time is 5pm to 6pm and for the older class run time is 6pm to 7pm or 7pm to 8pm. The cost to register for Chess Project is $32.
- Belly Dancing- Mother/Daughter is offered to moms with daughters aged seven and up. This class is offered at the Atkinson Memorial Community Centre from 6:30 tom 7:30pm class begins Thursday, July 5 and runs for 9 weeks. The cost is $32.