Heat Alert Level 1 Issued for Windsor-Essex County
Tuesday June 19th, 2012
Posted at 10:21am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2339 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
A Level 1 heat alert has been issued for Windsor-Essex County.
A humidex value of 40°C (104°F) or higher is in the forecast starting today and lasting for the next couple of days.
Extremely hot weather and humidity can be very dangerous. The Windsor Essex County Heat Alert Response Committee and the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit urge residents to follow the following steps to “Stay Cool” and enjoy a healthy summer.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Go to an air conditioned place. Those looking for a place to go can call 211 or visit StayCoolWindsor-Essex.com for the latest locations.
- Wear a hat and lightweight loose-fitting clothing.
- Take a cool bath or shower.
- Limit outdoor activities to the coolest part of the day.
- Check on your neighbours and family.
- Never leave children or pets alone in closed vehicles.
- If you feel ill, faint, have difficulty breathing, or feel disoriented, visit your doctor or nearest hospital right away. In an emergency, call 911.