Fire Damages Kitchen in Apartment at Tecumseh and Pillette

Sunday June 17th, 2012

Posted at 5:15pm

0
0
0
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!!

This article is 2226 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Smoke drifts from the second story of an apartment building

Fire broke out in an apartment unit above Tecumseh Road’s Game Cycle 2 shortly after 3pm Sunday afternoon.

Fire crews were called to the corner of Tecumseh and Pillette — across the road from the former Charley’s Brew Pub — for smoke coming from second floor windows. The fire was extinguished within minutes.

Investigators report that the fire originated in the kitchen and the cupboards caught fire. The fire caused $10,000 in damage. Tenants of the apartment were given temporary lodging through the Red Cross.

There were no injuries.

Do You Like This Article?