16 °C
60 °F
Chance Of Rain Showers Or FlurriesWed
8 °C
46 °F
Mainly SunnyThu
3 °C
37 °F
7 °C
45 °F

Things To Do In
Windsor Essex

Follow Us On

Traffic Cameras


Sign Up Here

Lowest Gas Prices

Call for Exhibitors: Smogfest Art Exhibition 2012

Wednesday June 27th, 2012, 2:15pm


Hello time traveller!!
This article is 4263 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

It’s no secret: With the busiest border crossing in North America on our shoulders, and one of the heaviest travelled transport highways running through our city, Windsor doesn’t have the cleanest air. In order to raise awareness of the dismal state of our air and the environment around us, the Citizens Environment Alliance will be holding its 11th Annual Smogfest Art Exhibition at the POP Hair Gallery at 473 Erie Street East.

Running from September 4th to 29th, a silent auction of the art submitted will also last the duration of the exhibition. Artists will receive 70% of the final sale price, while the Citizens Environment Alliance will receive the remaining 30%.

Any artists interested are asked to forward a short statement about any proposed work and approximate dimensions by email, fax or mail by Friday,August 24th. All artwork must be dropped off at the CEA office, located at 1950 Ottawa Street, by Thursday, August 29th.

All work must be ready to hang. Artists creating artwork that requires special presentation are asked to include hardware/shelves/pedestals with the work.

Daily Newsletter

Sign up to receive all the latest, local news stories you may have missed!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message