Public Open House Tuesday for Tunnel Plaza Construction, Detail Such as Goyeau Closure
Monday April 2nd, 2012
Posted at 3:15pm
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2366 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
An open house is being held on Tuesday to give Windsorites a chance to look over and provide input on the plans for the new Windsor Tunnel Plaza.
The project primarily includes:
- new car access routes
- new plaza buildings for Canada Border Services Agency and a tunnel maintenance building
- additional car inspection lanes and Nexus lanes
- moving a City of Windsor Permit Parking lot to the location of the old Beer Store
Outside of the plaza work includes:
- Closure of Goyeau Street between Park Street and Wyandotte Street (to become part of the extended plaza area)
- Reconfigure City Hall Square to two-way traffic
- Reconfigure Park Street to two-way traffic between Goyeau Street and City Hall Square
- Reconfigure ‘Lot 10’ Permit Parking (southeast corner of Park Street and Goyeau Street)
- Gateway landscaping at the main access at Goyeau Street / Wyandotte Street
The open house will be held at the Hilton Hotel on Riverside Drive in Downtown Windsor on Tuesday from 4pm to 8pm. Signs will guide interested attendees from the front doors to the presentation rooms. There will be brief presentations at 5pm and 7pm.