Ca$h Mob Wind$or: to Promote Community Support for Local Businesses
Monday March 5th, 2012
Posted at 11:15am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2328 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
A new local grassroots community organization have spurted up with the aim to support locally owned businesses. Ca$h Mob Wind$or has a very simple objective, to highlight and promote community support for local businesses that are struggling in a tough economy or whose owners are actively involved in serving the community. The first Cash Mob was in Baltimore in August 201, ans has since been spreading across North America ever since.
Ca$h Mob members, who are known as Mobsters will pledge to spend at least $20 or more once a month at a locally owned business.
Each Month the group will announce the date and time of the monthly Ca$h Mob one week before the event. Mobsters are able to nominate any local business any time during the month by either posting on the groups Facebook wall or by sending sending them a message.
One of the nominated businesses will then be chosen each month to be mobbed, but the location will be kept secret until the day of the event. On the day before the event the group will announce a location to meet and once all the Mobsters have gathered, they then will reveal the name of the business chosen to be mobbed, and will then proceed to mob it.
Mobsters who can’t attend the scheduled event are encouraged to patronize the chosen business at any time in the following week, simply just tell the owner why you’re there.
Ca$h Mob Wind$or Key Rules:
1) Ca$h Mob members may nominate one local business per month
2) The business must be locally owned.
3) The business owner must give back to the community in some way.
4) Ca$h Mob members pledge to spend a target amount of $20, all members are welcome to spend more if they wish
5) The mob date will be announced one week in advance via Facebook
6) The location at which to meet will be announced one day in advance, but not the specific business
7) The business owner must approve the Ca$h Mob before the mob is announced.
8) Ca$h Mob members must join us for celebratory drinks after the successful mob.
9) The cash mob will occur during the evening on a weekday or on a weekend.
10) Pictures will be posted to Facebook after the Ca$h Mob.
The first Cash Mob will be on March 24th, which is also National Cash Mob Day. Watch the Facebook page for more information.