Border Road: Plans for Continuing Work on W-E Parkway Released
Wednesday March 28th, 2012
Posted at 11:15am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2305 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The Windsor-Essex Parkway has released their sixth design and Construction report which outlines all the construction plans for the course of this year.
Most of the plans will occur simultaneously with one another, and windsoriteDOTca will keep you updated on everything related to the future Border Road.
Among the work planned is:
- Parkway grading from Ojibway Parkway to 700 m west of North Talbot Road
- Construction details for the remaining tunnels: Spring Garden Tunnel, Pulford Tunnel, Todd Lane/Cabana Tunnel, Geraedts Tunnel, Cousineau Tunnel, Hearthwood Tunnel
- Details regarding design and construction for bridges (B-3, B-4 and B-5)
- Demolition of the Highway 3 bridge where it crosses over Highway 401
- Pump stations aesthetics and locations
- Installation and design of power distribution assemblies (PDAs) and retaining walls
- Temporary closure of the Matchette Road Eastbound On-Ramp to E.C. Row Expressway
- Anticipated temporary road closures including South Talbot Road and Howard Avenue
- Construction of traffic diversions at Cabana/Todd Lane, Geraedts Drive and Sandwich Parkway
- Construction of permanent stormwater management ponds
- Electrical distribution, illumination, advanced traffic management system (ATMS) and signalization
- Status of the Human Health Risk Assessment
- Wetland Compensation Plan
You can read the full report here. The Design and Construction Report will bee available for a 30-day public review.
For a continual visual update of all the construction activities happening with the Windsor-Essex Parkway, check out our special section Border Road.