New Art Co-Op Store Planned for Pillette Village
Thursday November 3rd, 2011
Posted at 10:15am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2572 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
A new co-op Art Store for Windsor is in the works.
This will be a place for artists to display and sell their work, a place for them to refer potential customers, or to meet their clients by-appointment.
The plan is:
- 15 artists to share a retail space at Pillette and Wyandotte as a retail co-op. When work is sold, 100% of the income will go to the artist.
- Each artist agrees to commit to one year.
- Each artist would would staff 1/15th of the operating hours of the store, which right now appears to be a minimum of 2 day-long shifts in the store per month. The store would be open Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Hours TBA.
- Each artist will contribute 1/15 of the operating costs, which will be $64/mos — payable as 12 post-dated cheques, plus a deposit.
- If you are already a member of the Back Room Artists’ Co-op, the deposit will be about $50 to cover hydro and phone deposits.
- If you are not currently a member, the deposit will be closer to $100-150, to cover the above, plus the costs the group would incur if a rental cheque bounced. This deposit would include the last month’s rent, so only 11 post dated cheques will be needed.
If you are interested you cans end the following information to Chris Ford at [email protected]
- Your contact information (Full (real) name, artist name (if different), phone number, address and email)
- A short note describing your work, medium and sizes.
- Images of your work and/or a website url
- Two personal references, and an idea of how they know you.