Tour Windsor’s Historic Buildings for FREE this Sunday!
Thursday September 23rd, 2010
Posted at 9:40am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 2977 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Want to tour a dozen or more historic buildings in one afternoon? Doors Open Windsor is this Sunday, and it’s your chance to be a house guest at some of Windsor’s finest gems.
What began as a European event in the 1980s, Doors Open made its way to Ontario in 2002 and has permitted thousands and thousands of people to visit some otherwise-private historic homes, ancient buildings and hallowed halls.
Doors Open Windsor runs between 10am and 4pm this Sunday September 26th at these locations in Windsor:
- Assumption Church
- Bedford United Church
- Canadian Club Brand Centre
- Canadian Historical Aircraft Association
- Central United Church
- Descent of the Holy Ghost Romanian Orthodox Church
- Duff-Baby House
- Francois Baby House
- Frank Joyce House/Holy Rosary Convent
- Glenwood United Church
- Grachanica Serbian Eastern Orthodox Church
- Holy Redeemer College/Academie Ste. Cecile International School
- J.L. Forester Secondary School
- John Campbell Public School
- Mackenzie Hall
- McDougall Stodgell House
- McGregor-Cowan House
- Paulin Memorial Presbyterian Church
- Sandwich First Baptist Church
- Shaar Hashomayim Synagogue
- St. John the Divine Orthodox Church
- Studio g+G Inc
- The A.H. Bert Weeks Water Treatment Plant
- Willistead Manor
Cameras are allowed at most locations, but be sure to check with organizers about location-specific regulations if you attend.
For more information, maps, directions and literature on each of Windsor’s Doors Open locations, check out their website: http://www.doorsopenwindsor.com