Mainly ClearNow
19 °C
66 °F
Chance Of ShowersMon
28 °C
82 °F
Chance Of ShowersTue
29 °C
84 °F
Chance Of ShowersWed
27 °C
81 °F


Summer Festival Guide

Traffic Cameras

Events Calendar

Lowest Gas Prices

City Says Services Will Continue As Staff Vaccination Deadline Looms

Wednesday November 10th, 2021, 11:57am


Hello time traveller!!
This article is 985 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

The City of Windsor says that all municipal services will continue after November 15th, 2021. By this time, mandatory proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required from employees working for the City who do not have an exemption.

The City says so far, over 78% of the corporation employees have confirmed vaccinated, the remaining 22% of employees who have not yet shared their proof of vaccination.

City Staff were issued another reminder of the pending deadline yesterday, and officials say it is hoped the vast majority of those not yet confirmed have simply not yet uploaded their vaccination confirmation. Given the operational planning needs of an organization the size of the City (with over 3,000 staff), decisions will have to be made by this Friday for next week.

“The decision made back on September 16th, 2021, calling for mandatory vaccination proof from staff, Council, City contractors and volunteers was not one City Council made lightly,” said CAO Jason Reynar. “But the research is irrefutable: the vaccine will help protect our community, so as leaders, we must do all we can to ensure our community is taken care of.”

The City has been sharing vaccination information for months with staff via emails, videos and even a Zoom Q & A session with Windsor Regional Hospital’s Chief of Staff, Dr. Wassim Saad.

Contingency plans for a decrease in staff are in place, and all City services will continue.

Daily Newsletter

Sign up to receive all the latest, local news stories you may have missed!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message