Police Issue Safety Reminder After Child Ingests Cannabis Product

Friday January 8th, 2021

Posted at 2:47pm

0
0
0

Police are issuing safety reminder after a child ingested a cannabis product.

According to Windsor Police on Thursday, January 7, 2021 patrol officers in the Town of Amherstburg attended a residence in relation to a medical call involving a child.

Officers arrived and it was reported that a young child had consumed a piece of a cookie containing a cannabis product.

Through investigation it was learned an adult caregiver gave the child a piece of cookie that they were unaware at the time contained a cannabis product. The caregiver also consumed a piece of the cookie and believed there was something wrong with the cookie after tasting it.

Changes in the behaviour of the child caused concern. The child was treated medically and did not suffer any life-threatening reactions.

Windsor Police would like to remind the public the importance of keeping cannabis edibles away from children. Cannabis products should be stored out of reach of children, in child-resistant containers, locked-up, and all cannabis products should be clearly labeled in their original packaging.

Do You Like This Article?