1 °C
35 °F
Mainly CloudyThu
7 °C
45 °F
9 °C
48 °F
Chance Of ShowersSat
9 °C
48 °F

Windsor Essex Christmas Events Guide

Local Events

Traffic Cameras


Sign Up Here

Lowest Gas Prices

Here Is How Many Public School Students Opted For In-Person Learning

Monday August 24th, 2020, 5:21pm


Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1200 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

The Greater Essex County District School Board has released the attendance confirmation survey results for the 2020-21 school year.

The school board says that 76% of secondary students will return to school in an adapted, in-person learning program when school resumes in September. They will be taking courses equally in both the classroom and at home. The remaining 24% of secondary students will have their classes entirely online.

They also report 65% of students in elementary schools will attend classes in person, five days each week. 23% percent of students in Kindergarten through Grade 8 will be learning online, with 12% of elementary students using the off-line, printed packages at home.

The board says that approximately 36,000 students are enrolled, with 24,594 in elementary school and 11,720 in secondary school.

Daily Newsletter

Sign up to receive all the latest, local news stories you may have missed!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message