MistNow
15 °C
58 °F
Mainly SunnySun
26 °C
79 °F
Showers Or ThunderstormsMon
22 °C
72 °F
Chance Of ShowersTue
22 °C
72 °F

Windsor-Essex

Summer Festival Guide

Traffic Cameras

Events Calendar

Lowest Gas Prices

Electrical Failure Caused Westcourt Building Fire

Friday November 22nd, 2019, 4:33pm

0
0

Hello time traveller!!
This article is 1647 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

The Ontario Fire Marshals office has determined that an electrical failure in the underground parking garage caused the fire in the Westcourt building.

The fire broke out around 7:15am on November 12th and forced the building to be closed by the Health Unit after the fire severely damaged the building’s privately owned electrical infrastructure.

That fire has displaced over 200 residents from 164 units as well as 30 commercial tenants.

Fire officials say that owners of the building are continuing remediation and cleanup.

A damage estimate is not available at this time.

 

windsoriteDOTca
Daily Newsletter

Sign up to receive all the latest, local news stories you may have missed!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Do You Like This Article?

Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message
Content Continues Below Local Sponsor Message