Several Active Transportation Projects Planned For This Year
Over $3,000,000 in active transportation projects are planned on Essex County roads this year.
- Bike lanes on Sandwich Street in Amherstburg from Lowes Sideroad to Pickering Drive
- Bike lanes on Talbot Street West in Leamington from Albert Street to the trail (Rail Corridor)
- Bike lanes on Talbot Street East in Leamington from Victoria Ave to 200m West of County Road 33
- Bike lanes on County Road 20 from 120m West of Sherk Street to Erie Street South
- Paved shoulders in Essex on County Road 50 from Evergreen Road to County Road 23
- Multi-Use Trail / Paved Shoulder on County Road 2 in Lakeshore from Wallace Line to Patillo Road
- Multi-Use Train in Tecumseh on County Road 11 from North Talbot Road to Highway 401
- Paved shoulder on County Road 50 from 1301 County Road 50 to Ford Road
Since the inception of the County Wide Active Transportation System (CWATS) in 2012 the County has implemented over 402 km of cycle tracks, bike lanes, multi-use trails, paved shoulders and signed bike routes.