Catch The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour In Windsor This Weekend
Monday November 14th, 2016
Posted at 11:00am
Hello time traveller!!
This article is 762 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour heads to Windsor this coming weekend.
Billed as the ‘ultimate hockey festival,’ the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour will feature appearances by Sportsnet’s Tim Micallef and his father, Tom, former NHLer Ed Jovanovski, Florida Panthers defenceman and Windsor native Aaron Ekblad, Windsor Spitfires goaltender Michael Dipietro, as well as broadcast hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone.
The two-day hockey celebration gets underway Saturday, November 19th at noon at Riverfront Festival Plaza and concludes Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The evening’s broadcast kicks off with a special pre-game show hosted live on site by MacLean and Slone from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 7pm on Sportsnet.
The free hockey-themed weekend includes:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Helping fans be fans, the Fan Hub features innovative and technology-driven interactive experiences, showcasing virtual and augmented reality to unite fans in their passion for the game. Plus, fans can stay warm with free hot chocolate on site.
- Rogers NHL Viewing Room: Fans can go inside the NHL Situation Room to advise on a challenged play (just like NHL officials), as well as find out what’s it’s like to be on the ice, get close to players, and more, with Virtual Reality experiences. Fans can also view the game in new ways with the different GamePlus camera angles exclusive to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE.
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room: Features meet and greets with NHL Alumni, interactive games and highlights from recent NHL matchups, and a Scotia Hockey Club commemorative jersey giveaway for youth 16 and under.
- The Dodge Family Zone: Features the famous Stow ‘N Go Challenge hockey-themed obstacle course and the chance for a family to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica.
- McDonald’s Ball Hockey Rink: Features pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, as well as free McCafé premium roast brewed coffee on site.
- OK Tire: Pushes the limits of how fast fans can get to hockey practice with the extreme OK Tire Race to the Rink RC Car track.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria right out of the oven, and play Giuseppe Stack-a-Puck to win a rooftop experience.
- Playmobil: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures.
The day runs on Saturday from noon to 6pm and Sunday from noon to the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party
Calgary Flames vs. Detroit Red Wings at 7pm.