Million Dollar Donation Made For Green Space, Basketball Court At UWindsor

Friday May 20th, 2016

Posted at 11:22am

0
0
0

Hello time traveller!!

This article is 1591 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

From UWindsor Twitter

A University of Windsor alumnus has made a million dollar donation to help green the campus.

David Wilson’s donation will see the former parking lot behind the Odette School of Business turned into a community area with a basketball court, performance stage, meeting and gathering spots, and new landscaping and lighting.

Wilson, former chair of the Faculty of Business’s accounting area, has continued to keep close ties with the University since leaving to become chief executive of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, from which he retired as President and CEO in 2001. For his contributions to the University during and after his teaching years, he received the Clark Award in 2011. The Clark Award is the highest honour the University gives to those whose activities have supported its advancement and enhanced its reputation.

The area will be known as the David A. Wilson Campus Commons and is expected to be complete in time or classes in September.

In addition to providing significant support toward the cost of developing the new David A. Wilson Campus Commons, a portion of Wilson’s new UWindsor gift will honour retiring School of Business Dean Allan Conway, and will support the Professors Jack Freeman and David Wilson Excellence in Accounting Awards. In addition, a significant portion of the funds will be added to the Isabel and David Wilson Nursing Scholarships Endowment. It, along with the Marilyn and Sandy Wilson Nursing Scholarship Endowment, were organized following his sister-in-law Marilyn’s death. Marilyn, as a student nurse, was assigned to Sandy and Dave’s mother and the two endowments honour the importance of the nurse-patient relationship.

Do You Like This Article?