UPDATED: Careless Smoking Cause Of Fatal Fire

Thursday August 13th, 2015

Posted at 7:26pm


Hello time traveller!!

This article is 2023 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Last updated: Friday August 14th, 11:58am

The cause of fatal fire at 1407 Aubin Road is listed as careless smoking.

Firefighters were called to the two storey home  just after 1am Wednesday and found heavy smoke and fire coming from the second floor. The fire had also spread to the second floor of the house next door.

An elderly female was found deceased in the bedroom.  A male was transported to hospital with minor smoke inhalation and was released.

Damage has been set at $150,000 to the house and $50,000 to the contents. The home next door suffered $90,000 in damage.

Do You Like This Article?