Mattress Fire Scorches Downtown Apartment

Friday January 9th, 2015

Posted at 7:27pm

0
0
0

Hello time traveller!!

This article is 2242 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

Last updated: Friday January 9th, 10:15pm

A late afternoon fire at a Downtown Windsor apartment building will go down listed as accidental.

Firefighters were called just down the block from fire station number one for a report of smoke coming from an apartment unit.

Arriving crews found flames inside a 5th floor apartment unit and heavy smoke in the hallway. Firefighters moved a charred mattress out onto the unit’s balcony once the fire was out.

One resident was treated by EMS.

Damage is set at $5,000 to the unit, and there was $10,000 in water damage to units below on 1st to 4th floors.

Do You Like This Article?